To main
 

Main menu >> Pregnancy >> Is it safe to drink alcohol during pregnancy? The effects of alcohol on the fetus.

Translated from the original executed by the robot. Оriginal text baby-team.su

Is it safe to drink alcohol during pregnancy? The effects of alcohol on the fetus.

Is it safe to drink alcohol during pregnancy? The effects of alcohol on the fetus.The debate on the basis of the use of alcohol during pregnancy do not cease on the Internet. Some say that in any case impossible. Some argue that it is possible, but in very small quantities. And there are those who say that "alcoholics and normal children are born." Let's see in detail the question of whether to drink alcohol during pregnancy, the effect alcohol on fetal development and what are the indirect impacts of alcohol.

99% of doctors are of the opinion that the use of alcohol during pregnancy, especially in the early stages (the first trimester), any amount of negative impact on the development of the fetus. Naturally from the body and pregnancy it is also very much depends and on some children this will be reflected to a lesser extent, and some more. This position is trustworthy and of course you have to give up most of the consumption of alcoholic (even alcoholic) drinks. Tempt fate is not much point. Avoiding alcohol is the safest choice.

Some studies have shown that if you drink during a meal once a month, a glass of wine (gradually, not in one gulp of course) in late pregnancy to 97% will not affect the health of the child, but the chance to get to the remaining 3% is always there. So MD Jacques Moritz, director of gynecology at St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital in New York, says - "the problem of alcohol consumption during pregnancy is that there is no medically proven guaranteed safe dose"

At the same time, in October 2010, the Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health published a study which involved pregnant women from 12 weeks of pregnancy, which is not used under the supervision of more than 1 glass of wine once a week. Children were observed up to 5 years and deviations in their development have been identified. The scientific community has assessed how this experiment is not quite accurate, because many of the effects are manifested later in life.

MD, professor of obstetrics and gynecology of Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland and author of The Working Woman's Pregnancy Book - Marjorie Greenfield wrote, "I always tell my patients that the use of alcohol during pregnancy is dangerous. One glass of wine a week, probably to anything negative not lead, but in any case not exceed the norm, and certainly not even reaching the smallest state of intoxication. "

Organisms are all women are different and therefore very different quantity of produced enzymes responsible for the rapid disintegration of alcohol.

The interaction of alcohol and the fetus.

Alcohol is part of our body in the amount prescribed by nature for each individual. It is produced in the body and is essential for proper development and existence of the organism. That is why the body of a pregnant woman does not have the natural mechanisms of protecting the fruit from the high alcohol content. Alcohol easily passes through the placental barrier and quickly the blood alcohol level reaches the same as the mother.

Nobody needs to explain that the fruit is constantly growing and it consumes the necessary "building blocks" of the mother's body. Many studies have proved that "endogenous" alcohol is produced not only in the human stomach, as a result of digestive processes, but also in every cell of the body separately. That is, alcohol (ethyl alcohol) is one of those "building materials." Supplying the body of the developing fetus alcohol in excessive amount, you are breaking the "balance".

In this regard, there is a high probability of improper development of any organ of the developing fetus. Accordingly, it is impossible to even imagine beforehand on the development impact of any alcohol intake. As a result, the notion of fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS).

Also, a constant regular intake of alcohol, even in minimal quantities metabolism of the fetus can be reconstructed in view of this feature (the periodic raising of ethyl alcohol). What could in extreme cases even to form fetal relationship.

FAS (fetal alcohol syndrome).

The effects of alcohol consumption by a pregnant woman called FAS (FASD) Fetal Alcohol Syndrome can also replaces the concept - fetal alcohol syndrome (ASP), alcohol embriofetopatiya, fetal alcohol syndrome, fetal alcohol effects, all these concepts combine different both in combination, and in its degree of deviation in the psycho-physical development of a child caused by a woman drinking alcohol before and during pregnancy.

All defects associated with the term FAS at birth get the most mental and physical defects. And stayed with them until the end of his life. None of them can be treated.

FAS includes abnormalities in three different areas:

- Brain abnormalities and disorders associated with the activity of the central nervous system including neurological abnormalities, mental retardation, behavioral disorders, intellectual disability, and / or abnormalities of brain structure;

- Prenatal and / or postnatal growth deficit and weight.

- Specific features of the structure of the face and skull: short and narrow eye slit    wide flat nose bridge,    smooth philtrum,    thin upper lip (border of the upper lip)    microcephaly,    epicanthus,    hypoplasia of the upper or lower jaw,    cleft palate,    micrognathia.

There are also abnormalities of joints, change the pattern palmar creases, congenital heart defects, abnormalities of the external genitalia, capillary hemangioma, disorders of fine motor skills. The degree of severity correlates with the severity of alcoholism of the mother.

 

The logical conclusion: If you do not have kidney problems, and you do not drink during pregnancy drugs can react with alcohol, a few glasses of wine for the entire pregnancy (but no more than one at a time) simultaneously with food intake (not on an empty stomach) in honor of the "great" holiday not harm fetal development. And the risk of deviation is minimal, but there is!




 
 

BABY-TEAM © All rights reserved. 2010 - 2018 г.г. (0.0376). Copying site materials is allowed only with the hyperlink.
Creation and support of site - Koors media

Language selection

English (robot)

Russian (original)